Monday, January 11, 2010

I keep the important things to myself

It is just past midnight, officially making it January 11, 2010. I am wearing ugly flannel pants and an old sweater to sleep in because this house is colder than Len Snart. I've been tending a fire all night and I accidentally burned the base of one of my fingers. This unusually cold weather is a welcome change to the seventy degree weather that hovered around Christmas. (I am actually wearing scarves right now.) I've done nothing of worth all weekend and now I'm just awake listening to Castevet, whose debut release, Summer Fences, may be one of my favorite albums of the past year.


This is a scarf.


I do not really have anything to say, but I thought I should update this blog at least once every so often. I will say this though: I watched the Robert Zemeckis-directed Beowulf film the other day and it is the first time in my life that I have fallen asleep during a movie viewing. I wasn't particularly tired and it wasn't particularly boring, but it was so calm and slow that I'm surprised people actually went to see it in theater, but then I remembered it was advertised as a fierce action movie and not a poetic labor-of-love project. I'm not going to write a movie review on it, but I did enjoy the liberties that one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, took with the screenplay in transforming the classic poem into a narrative that is more coherent and modern. Still, that didn't save the movie from being an absolute snail.

That's all I have until I decide to update this thing again or actually remember to write down my thoughts on things, as they are more important and interesting than the thoughts of anyone else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment